Friday, October 12, 2012

Ludus Vita Chapter 1




Ludus Vita


Written by: Heara




[Author’s Note: Seriously, I did not want to put any author’s note here but my friend Tommy Cassanova nags me to do it. Siguro kasi gusto niya mamention. Here ya go buddy. Hope you would love it.
So as a disclaimer… You have my permission to say whatever you want in here. But to claim this as yours you could battle with your conscience with that. At gwapo ako. Para mabawasan ang sayang oras ninyo pwede niyo ng basahin ang aking story. Last na pala, hindi ko kayo pinilit ah. Okay na.]



DISCLAIMER: This story is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to any person, place, or written works are purely coincidental. The author retains all rights to the work, and requests that in any use of this material that my rights are respected. Please do not copy or use this story in any manner without my permission.




Game 1



¯¯ (I’m a, I’m a, I’m a, I’m a) flirt
Soon as I see her walk up in the club (I’m a flirt)
Winkin’ eyes at me, when I roll up on them dubs (I’m a flirt)
¯¯

           My phone’s ringtone woke me up in the middle of my gaining-my-energy-and-trying-to-subside-my-headache-cause-I-was-drunk-as-hell sleep.
“Hello?” I answered, still my eyes are closed.
“Babe, where are you? Kanina pa ako nag aantay rito!” that said words from the other line alarmed my subconscious and made me jump from my bed.
“Oh, yeah! Im on my way traffic lang! See you soon babe!” and I hanged up my phone.


I picked up my clothes, shoes and watch. I’m running around like crazy in the room as I saw that its 11:30. Shoot! 12:00 kami dapat magkita.
h-hey… you’re going na?” as the girl in the bed sleepily asked me.
“Umm… yeah, well… umm, something came up.” Lumapit ako sa kanya at umupo sa bed side. “You were great baby.” Then I kissed her. She giggled like a high school chick and bites her lower lip.
“Because you were a great commander, sir.” I smirked at her then gave her some cash.
“Hey baby, I really need to go. The pay here is on me.” I hand over the money for the rent of this suite that we shared for a very playful night. “It was nice meeting you...?”
“Alisha, Alisha Enriquez.” She smiled sweetly at me and I smiled back at her. “It was also my pleasure meeting you…?”






“Im Lux. Luxure Von Estabillo.”



  _______________________


You’re 1hr late Luxure!” matalim na tingin sakin ni Zeke pagdating ko sa Starbucks, Eastwood.
“Im sorry babe!” I gave him my boyish smile. Hoping that it will enlighten his mood. Alam ko badtrip to sakin, he mentioned “Luxure” my ever meaningful name. From the French word means “Lust”. I gave him a quick kiss and sit in front of him.
“Buti na lang malakas ka sakin.” He smiled at me. Yes! My smile is such a savior.
“And you to me.” Kindat ko sa kanya. “So what are your plans for today babe? Wanna go somewhere? Or…” I smirked at him and he smiled. He sipped a coffee before he could talk.
“I really wanted to talk to you about something Lux.” His eyes not leaving mine.
Lux? He looks serious.
“Well, what about it babe?” uneasiness piles up in my body having the thought that Zeke seems to be very stern which is very unlikely to him.
“I’m in love…” he looks to me observing my face.
“Well, Zeke you know the-“
“Lux, it’s not what you think…” as he cuts me and smiled very wryly.
“T-then what.” Ninenerbyos na ako sa usapang naming to, Zeke was been an important person in my life and I don’t want to lose him. I don’t want to lose him like how I lost others in my past. It’s just an awful way.
“Im in love with Carlene… and I’m planning to court her Lux.” He smiled fretfully at me.
It was a relief, well, sort off I guess? At I think paninibago? Sige na nga, mixed emotions. It was the perfect term for it, mixed emotions. Zeke, is still looking at me as he wait for me to speak.
“So, it means…” trying to gather the right words to say… the right words to end this moment between us.
He nodded. “Game over for me Lux.” He smiled bitterly… which that made my mixed emotions to very mixed emotions point. “Player Zeke surrenders. I fell in love.” Then he laughs.

“No Zeke, You actually won. Akalain mo yun Zacharias at nainlove ka no!? hahahaha!”
“Winner ba ako? Eh di ko nga alam kung sasagutin niya ako eh. Tsaka whoever falls inlove loses di ba?” ngiti niya sakin.
“Whoever falls inlove with ME.” As I correct Zeke. Biglang sumeryoso mukha ni Zeke.
“I wish you would find love Lux.” Then he holds my hand. “I know you would.”
I think Zeke forgot the word Karma, the way my life is? What I really need is Luck. I hoped he wish for something or perhaps, nirephrase niya ang kanyang sinabi gaya ng: “I wish you would find happiness” before I fell into my thoughts he pulled me back to reality by squeezing my hand. I looked at him as I see some glitters in his eyes, dahil sa mga sumisingit na luha sa mata niya.
“Hug?” halos ibulong na niyang sabihin sakin. Hindi ko alam, medyo mabigat ang katawan kong tumayo… hindi dahil sa ayokong makipagyakapan. Pakiramdam ko ay hindi ako handa. “Friends?” kumalas ako sa pagkakayakap. Nilahad ko ang kamay ko at nagshake hands kami.
“You can count on me always, Zeke.” Tinapik ko siya sa balikat. “Alam mo yan.”
“sabi mo yan ah!” tumawa siya at tumingin sa oras. “Shit! I need to rush Lux! Alam mo na… poporma pa.” ngiting may kilig pa ang gago. Ikaw na Zeke.
“oi, basta pag binasted, alam na!” habol kong sigaw sa kanya habang papaalis na siya ng Starbucks.
“Ulol, imbis pagdasal mong sagutin ako!” sabay nag dirty finger sakin bago siya tuluyang lumabas ng pinto. Sumagot din ako ng dirty finger sa dalawang kamay ko at iiling – iling na umupo.





Game over.

First time in my life na nagame over ako. Technically to call it ‘Quits’ but I’m glad it was Zeke who called it. I admit it’s a surprise at madaming emosyon ang nagsipagsulputan pero isa lang ang napagtatanto ko… I did not see this coming. Akala ko kasi, ako lagi ang panalo. Oo, nagoyo ako ng ‘Akala’. Inaamin ko ding, parang nasampal ako ng attaché case sa mukha nakasanayan ko kasing sa akin lagi naiinlove, don’t get me wrong but I grew up on it. it always happen. They want a piece of me, I let them play, regardless kung babae o lalaki, they decide the role but I give the rules. One clear rule. NO FALLING INLOVE of course with me. Yes, I am quite confident that I will not fall in love, because I don’t have the capability. I don’t have the heart for it. I still believe in love, but the faith for it? nah, maybe in my next life.
Why do I lose faith in loving? Everything’s the same. Mapalalaki or babae ganun at ganun lang din. It felt like it’s all about the drama, the patweetums and the sex. Well, the sex is the best part of it… other else? Another emotional baggage for me. Lalo na’t I need to maintain a company. It’s not easy to maintain a chain of companies in the age of 25. Its stressful lalo na’t-

¯¯ (I’m a, I’m a, I’m a, I’m a) flirt
Soon as I see her walk up in the club (I’m a flirt)
Winkin’ eyes at me, when I roll up on them dubs (I’m a flirt)
¯¯

Ayan na ang theme song ng buhay ko, inistorbo na ako sa pagkakatunganga ko sa Starbucks. Hindi pa rin kasi ako umaalis sa meeting place namin ni Zeke kahit na halos isang oras na siyang umalis. Napangiti ako tumatawag ang aking baby sister.
“Whats up Philia?” asar ko sa bunso kong kapatid.
“Ugh, kuya stop that please! Just call me Lia.” I refrain myself from snorting. It’s always effective, annoying her with her own name.
“Okay sabi mo eh Philia Vera. I mean Lia.”
“kuya isa pa ah!”
“hindi na, hindi na. Oh ano meron at napatawag ka?”
“madedelayed uwi ko kuya. Pakisabi na lang kay mom and dad.”
“Ah ganun ba… so kelan na uwi mo?”
“mga next week na siguro.”
“Ah okay, kasama mo boyfriend mo pag uwi right?”
“Nope, nauna siyang umuwi. He needs to attend something early eh. Kuya, I have to end this call. I’ll call you again next time! Bye!” at bago man ako mag paalam eh putol na ang linya.
Geesh, my little sister is such a busy lady because of her fashion career. I’m a proud brother of one of the successful in fashion designers in New York, who is very fortunate to find a-what-she-calls First & Last love at kaya siya umuwi eh para mapakilala ang kanyang boyfriend samin bago pa pagpyestahan ng media sa Amerika.
Lucky her.
Before I kill myself on thinking too much. There’s no need to worry because it’s time to party…
Once again…

 _______________________



“CHASE! How are you man?”
My friend is almost shouting his voice out of his lungs, fighting the noise of the club. I smiled at him and give him a brotherly hug.
“im doin well man! How about you Kevin? Shouldn’t you stayin’ at your girlfriend’s side? C’mon it’s Saturday night! You should be on a romantic dinner date!” I tease him.
“Fuck off man; we broke up two weeks ago.” As he lightheartedly punch my stomach.
“Oh, sorry! I didn’t know.” I laughed at him.
“ulol, ikaw ang unang nakaalam wag mo kong gaguhin.” And we both laughed. “ah oo nga pala, Chase, I have a friend here with me.” When he said that, tsaka ko lang napansin ang kasama niya. A very fine looking guy. Who is I think about my age. He wears a very casual blue flannel shirt and a fitted grey v-neck with an acid wash jeans paired with a grey new era vans.
“Chase, this is Lux.” I nod at him and smiled. “Lux this is Chase” he smiled at me enough to show his side dimples.
“Hi Chase. Nice to meet you.” He showed his hand for a shake hands. Then I extend my hand too.
“Same here.”


Game 1 over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PWEDE NEXT CHAPTER NA AGAD!? THANKS ;))))))) writer, I would love to know you. You write so distinctively!!

youcancallmeJM said...

very good start... very fresh.. :] lovin' it

Post a Comment