Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Bar


THE BAR
By: Kier


Hi to everyone…. I’m kier Arakama but the screen name I used here is CHADIE.
I’m a fun and reader of kuya Z’s blog.  I want to thanks kuya Z for allowing me to post on his blog. I’m inspired with the melodramatic stories written by the authors in this BlogSpot especially kuya Z that’s why I came up with an idea to make my own… I hope you’ll like this story that I posted with the help of kuya Z.
Pagpasensyahanniyonapowhyungmga typos at mga grammar ko!
Thank you!




  What a cold rainy night and I’m alone in this bar; drinking shots of beer. Who am I waiting for tonight?

 


         It all started when I met this gorgeous young man name Rashad. It was never in my wildest dream that I’ll fall for him this much. Well, like other “dudes” do, we also talk text, call, go to gimmicks and even laugh at nothing.  The world seems so kind at that time.
         

Hardly after all those crazy things that we did, we just found ourselves madly in love with each other.  I know things like this are hard to explain. Imagine a man fall in love forhis own kind. For the first time in my life I felt like a princess with a prince to stand and fight for me. Every day of my life is like a fairy tale with no ending.  For me, I am the happiest person on earth to have him. I couldn’t ask for more.
         

We hide our relationship because we know what violence the society may make if they’ll know. We clearly understood that what we have is unacceptable to the world but does love has rules to follow?  We are mankind too with heart that can feel love.
       

He decided to confess everything to his parents but just as I expected, they strongly disagreed. Because of their disappointment, they arranged their son to marry the family friend’s daughter. I’m nothing compare to her. First, she is a woman; second, she is rich and beautiful. They look adorable together. It felt like the sky fell on me when I got the news.  He is my life yet he’ll be others everything.
        

His parents met me without his conscience.  They were saying that there’s nothing that their son get if we continue our ‘immoral’ relationship, they said.  His grandfather will change the last will of testament stating that he will not get even a single cent if we will continue our affair. His mother is begging me to leave his son’s life alone. Who am I to destroy everything he got.
        

I love him so much but I can’t let him destroy what he had.  In life, sacrificing is always present so I broke up with him even it breaks my heart into pieces. I know that this will make his life better. I know it will perhaps.
        

Finally, the wedding day came and I hate to go out that day. I turned off all my connections and choose to stay in my room the whole day. I don’t even want to see the daylight. For me, that wedding day is a Halloween. For hours of crying, I decided to go out. I turned on my phone and not for long, it rang. I am surprised that it was him calling. I rejected all the calls that he made.  What’s the use? He’ll be married in a couple of hours. I don’t intend to crash on his wedding day. I also had my dignity as human.But by just imagining life without him is not worth living. My dreams are crushing and the pain is squeezing my heart to death. I don’t want to be alone. Now and forever.






                So now I’m in this bar alone, drinking the best shot they got. “Oh, this is our favorite hangout place”. My body is numb and had enough problems. I think my head will explode. Damn this tequila can’t ease the pain away. I want to go home.


On my way home, I saw him smiling, walking towards me. Oh my God, am I hallucinating? I shook my head again and again. How such face could takes my pain away. So I crossed the street and when I was about to hug him, all I see is a bright white light with a loud sound of horn. ……So cold……. Such a cruel world.


I wished we just let them love. I’m such a fool and blind not to see how much our sons love each other, as their parents crying on his graves. The man died on his wedding day because he drove madly to their rendezvous- that bar. He was calling him so that they can escape.





END

7 comments:

Tommy said...

woah! Goosebumps! Nice short story!!

Jamespottt said...

nice short story. :)

Lawfer said...

a dose of tragic ending eh?

love it!

Anonymous said...

sana tinagalog na lang.. medyo sumikit ang ulo ko sa english mo mr. author...

Anonymous said...

Medyo boring yung pagkakakwento. Mas maganda if lalagyan mo ng conversation kasi mas magiging realistic yung situation. Medyo boring din siya kasi parang nasa point of view lang nung story teller yung pinapakita. And another thing, you should've used our vernacular instead of English. Though naintindihan namin yung story mo, which was kind of stereotypical, medyo hindi nakakaaliw dahil sa typographical errors/grammar. Yun lang. Hope you'll take these as your points in writing a story. :)

Unknown said...

Sorry po kier, di ko na binasa ito kasi tinatamad akong magbasa ng ENGLISH ngayon eh haha :D

Anonymous said...

Salamat po sa lahat ng ngcomment especially dun sa mga ngbigay ng kanilang critics regarding sa short story n ginawa ko,,, I do really appreciate it! Uhm... Wala n akong masabi, so THANK YOU n Lang..
God bless yah all❤

-chadie

Post a Comment